Beauty always starts from within. If you watch what you eat, you will find you feel better, and your skin’s appearance will feel more youthful. If these represent big changes to your current diet, start by taking small steps to create a healthier lifestyle.
As you begin to look and feel better, it will be easier to incorporate additional changes. You will not only feel better, but you will look fantastic as well. Here’s to your health and beauty!
The following seven suggestions will improve your diet and overall health, and you will enhance your appearance.
7 dietary habits for youthful skin
1. Eat whole grains, fresh whole fruits and vegetables for the vitamins and minerals. Include a variety of different colored foods. Decrease the amount of refined starches and sugars (white and brown), sodas and energy drinks. These will elevate blood glucose, blood pressure, weight gain and inflammation.
2. Eat skinless poultry, fish, eggs, legumes, fat free Greek yogurt for the protein, calcium, vitamin D, probiotics and unsaturated fat.
3. Decrease high fat red meats such as prime rib, bacon, sausage, bologna, salami, and hot dogs.
4. Increase monounsaturated fats and omega-3 oils. These can be found in olive oil, avocado, nuts, wild salmon and tuna, and flaxseed.
5. Decrease saturated fats such as butter, whole milk, cheese, high fat red meat and poultry with the skin.
6. Avoid transfats like prepackaged baked goods, flavored coffee creams, peanut butter, chocolate and yogurt coated snacks.
7. Consider vitamin supplements, such as A, C, copper, and zinc as well as turmeric (curcumin), garlic, ginger, peppers and pineapple (bromelain).
These are just a few of the things you can do to help look and feel your best.